The treatment of kidney stones is not something to take lightly. Kidney stones begin as small pieces of crystals that were formed out of those insoluble minerals and salt called oxalates which cannot be excreted by the kidneys through urination. Most of the time, their formation can be because of poor water intake so as to keep the kidney stones enough to eliminated and dissolved.
The treatment of kidney stones is very important so as to remove these particles and flush them out of the urinary system. Though, the form of treatment to be applied will depend on how big or small the crystals are. Therefore, when you notice the early symptoms that include the incessant pain within the lower back part of your body and the changes visible in your urine then your doctor might present you the best treatment of kidney stones that can be one of the following:
Treatment of Kidney Stones – Various Options for Different Forms of Kidney Stones
There are different options when it comes to treatment of kidney stones. These options are as follows:
- Treatment of Kidney Stones by Simple Medications and Home Therapy – kidney stones which are analyzed as little enough might be treated by using non-steroidal medicines and water therapy. To get rid of kidney stones, it is important for you to begin drinking two glasses of water for each 2 hours throughout the day. It would help to clean up your urine and make the kidney stones soluble enough to be flushed away little by little through urination.
Here, the doctor would consider this particular treatment of kidney stones suitable to your condition when you’re not any form of fluid limitations as needed by some forms of illnesses you might be suffering from. Aside from that, some forms of medicine known as the alpha blockers might be recommended by your physician since they could aid in passing the stones with little to no side effects anymore.
On the other hand, when the stones cause you serious pain, it’s possible that the stone has already caused blockage on your ureter or on the entrance going to the urinary tract. It is now among those instances wherein the physician would suggest surgery as your treatment of choice.
- Treatment of Kidney Stones by Surgery – these are your treatment choices when kidney treatment is not possible at all through home cure. ESWL or extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy is the treatment wherein shockwaves are bound for the area wherein kidney stones can be seen. The shock waves’ intensity pass over the body are believed to be in some levels in which it could break up the kidney stone in pieces.
- Percutaneous Nephrolithotripsy or Nephrolithotomy – this particular treatment of kidney stones is carried through the utilization of the telescope that the surgeon puts in the kidney by incising a certain part of the patient’s back. Through doing this, a surgeon is capable of locating the precise position of the stones that would enable him to carry out manual extraction of the stones. This form of surgery is usually resorted to when the stone is extremely large to be broken down through ESWL treatment.
- Ureteroscopy – this time, the telescope used by the surgeon would pass over the urinary system till it reaches the kidneys’ location, usually found hindering the ureter. Throughout the surgical operation, a physician would make use of the little tube to retain the ureter open to extract the stones or break this up whichever method is important for easier elimination.
- Open Surgery – the physician makes an incision in the side or on the belly region to reach the stones for removal. Because of the high risk of triggering further harm to kidney, this form of treatment is infrequently used.
Take note that the nature of your diet or lifestyle might trigger the reformation of the kidney stones within the system. Therefore, it is important to be careful of what you eat and drink when you don’t want to go over the same treatment and pain in the future.
Treatment of Kidney Stones – Is There a Good Alternative to Surgery?
The treatment of kidney stones could be done in different alternative ways. Proper nutrition is the farthest thing to do to have normal kidney functions and prevent the chances of stone formation. Besides, taking everyday supplements as well as herbal medicines could enhance the overall condition of your kidneys and cure any problems which might arise.
Keep in mind that the treatment of kidney stones could be carried out using the naturopathic approach. Kidney stones which are associated with metabolic or genetic disorders are considered to be a food problem condition, thus, enhancing the patient’s nutrition is a great way of treating this form of condition.
Some of the suggested nutritional practices which would help in the prevention of stone formation including eating foods which contain fresh and leafy green vegetables, fish, fruits and legumes. Include foods which are abundant in fiber and magnesium content.
Drinking enough water each day is also contributing to adequate hydration within the body and in clearing the urine from crystals and some other dangerous substances. Avoiding excessive alcohol, sugar, dairy products as well as carbonated beverages may also help in improving the condition of your kidney.
Should You Take Supplements?
Taking everyday supplements like magnesium citrate & vitamin B6 to dissolve kidney stones is also an alternative treatment for kidney stones. A regular supplement of citrate and magnesium decreases the risk of extensive formations of kidney stones while the Vitamin B6 supplement reduces urinary oxalate.
Herbal medicines are making famous kidney issue treatments today. They don’t have any side effects and are proven efficient, cheap and natural for each kidney sufferer.
Some herbs which relieve the discomfort that is attributed by kidney stones formation are cleavers, bearberry, corn silk, khella, gravel root, kava kava and stone root. Such herbs act as antiseptics, diuretics and sedatives which are effective treatments not just for kidney issues but also UTI. Treatment of kidney stones could be done in most alternative ways as you could see.
They are far better for the treatment of kidney stones than surgery for the reason that they are natural and safe. It is effective when proper nutrition has been observed each day, combined with everyday herbs and supplements as an instant aid from the discomfort and pain triggered by the kidney stones.